Home  »  EducationMilitary & Veteran Benefits


DoD Expands Universal Pre-K to “Most Schools”

The Department of Defense Education Activity, also known as DoDEA, announced the start of Universal pre-kindergarten at “most” DoDEA schools in the 2024-2025 school year. The expansion is meant to bring universal Pre-K to all DoD schools stateside and overseas when the final phase-in is completed. The DoDEA official site’s press release notes that while… Read more »

Notebooks and paper.

Military Education Benefits Resources for Veterans and Family Members

The Department of Veterans Affairs offers a variety of military education benefits to qualifying veterans and family members. But not all of the education benefits you can use with or in place of the GI Bill come from the VA or the federal government. While the VA does not endorse third-party services, it does maintain… Read more »

Military people in training.

Army ROTC Error Could Add Years To Service Commitments

The United States Army has an ROTC program called the Green to Gold Active Duty Option, also known as G2GADO. Under this program, ROTC members could have their ROTC time in college counted as time in service, just as if the soldiers were deployed or at a permanent duty station. Time in service is an… Read more »

GI Bill

Your Ultimate GI Bill Benefits Guide

The GI Bill is a military education benefits program operated by the Department of Veterans Affairs. It can be used by qualifying military members and may be transferred to spouses and college-age children of the service member. Learn more.

Scale icon.

Comparing GI Bill Benefits: Active Duty vs. Guard/Reserve

Which GI Bill is better? Do members of the Guard and Reserve get different options than those on active duty? Are the requirements identical or different? We examine the similarities and differences between GI Bill programs below.

GI Bill for Non-College Degree Programs

The GI Bill is typically used to pay for higher education at a public university, private school, or other institutions approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs. It can also be used to pay for non-college degree programs that train students in professional skills such as truck driving, cosmetology, HVAC repair, and other approved options…. Read more »

What GI Bill Do I Have?

“What GI Bill do I have?” That may not seem like a common question; most are fully informed about the nature of the current GI Bill program when informed about their benefits. 

How to Transfer Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits

It is not possible to simply choose to transfer your GI Bill benefit to a spouse or dependent; you must meet certain requirements and agree to a new military service commitment for your request to be approved. You must be on active duty to request a GI Bill transfer.

GI Bill

Who Qualifies for the Fry Scholarship?

The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship is a program offering military education benefits to the surviving children and spouses of military members who died on duty or as a result of military service. VA.gov advises, “If your parent or spouse died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001, while… Read more »

GI Bill for On-the-Job Training

The GI Bill military benefit isn’t just for a 4-year degree. There are options for those seeking on-the-job training instead of an associate’s or a bachelor’s degree. Learn more.