Allegiant Airlines Discount for Military & Veterans
Allegiant Airlines is an American discount airline that operates scheduled and charter flights. The Allegiant Airlines military discount offer doesn’t exist today, but they do offer some non-discount benefits for the military community.
What Is the Allegiant Airlines Military Discount?
They do not have a specific military discount. They do however provide benefits to military, veterans, and their families, such as free checked baggage and priority boarding.
What Benefits Does Allegiant Airlines Offer Military and Veterans?
For active duty, reserve duty, and veterans:
- Up to 2 pieces of checked baggage free, under 100lbs
- No charge for oversized checked baggage
- One carry-on free
- One personal item free
- Free boarding pass printing at the airport
- Up to 1 pet in the cabin for free
- Priority boarding at no charge
- Active duty and reserves will not be charged when making a change or cancellation due to a change in orders
Spouses and dependents of an eligible military member or veteran can receive the same benefits if traveling with the service member.
Who’s Eligible for the Military Discount at Allegiant Airlines?
- Active duty
- National Guard
- Their spouses or dependents
- US military veterans (depending on the benefit)
How Do You Get the Discount?
You must show qualifying identification. Here are the types of approved ID.
- DOD Common Access Card (CAC)
- Uniformed Services ID Card or driver’s license with a veteran designation on it at the airport during check-in.
- DD Form 214
- DD Form 2
- DD Form 2765
- DD Form 1173-1 (dependents only if traveling with military honoree)
- Veteran ID card
About Allegiant Airlines
The Allegiant Airlines headquarters is in Summerlin, NV. The airline was founded in 1997 in Enterprise, Nevada, under WestJet Express but the name was changed to Allegiant in 1998 because of a trademark dispute. They currently fly to over 110 US cities, as well as Puerto Rico. Allegiant is the 9th largest commercial airline in the US, wholly owned by Allegiant Travel Company.
For more information, visit Allegiant Airlines.
- Airlines with Military Discounts
- Summer Travel Discounts For Military Families
- Car Rental Military Discounts
- TSA Precheck for Military Overview
About the author
Julie Provost is a freelance writer, blogger, and owner of Soldier's Wife, Crazy Life, a support blog for military spouses. She lives in Tennessee with her National Guard husband and three boys.