Remote Jobs Program For Military Spouses
Learn More About the MilSpouse Remote Telework Grant Program
Are you a military spouse working remotely for a small business? Or are you seeking a remote job? Are you a small business that has employees who are military spouses? If so, this program by the MOAA Foundation, Microsoft, and Hiring Our Heroes, is for you.
The MilSpouse Remote Telework Grant Program was created to help military spouses work remotely during and after a permanent change of station move.
Oftentimes, military spouses will have to give up a job they love when they PCS. The company they work for might not have the resources for them to work remotely, and this program can help with that.
The program can take away some of the stress that falls on military spouses during a military move by offering them a workstation that is solely for remote-working military spouses. To add to that, this program will also be able to help small businesses that employ military spouses.
Who can apply for The MilSpouse Remote Telework Grant Program?
This program is open to active-duty spouses currently employed full-time with a small business. They are also open to small businesses looking to retain these spouses on their staff but don’t have the resources or expertise to implement a remote work program or policy.
It is important to note that this program is for those working CONUS only.
What is included with the grant?
If you are approved for this grant, you receive remote work templates, a Microsoft Surface Pro, a docking station with a keyboard and mouse, and antivirus/malware protection.
The length of the program is one year, but after that year you won’t need to give back the equipment.
What is required of the military spouse and small business during the one-year period?
- Proof of military relationship.
- Both parties must agree to the terms of the agreement.
- The grantor contacts both parties every three months for a progress report. Both parties must respond to surveys and provide progress reports as requested.
- The small business is required to provide tech support.
- Both parties are responsible for ensuring that the devices that have been provided because of the grant will have antivirus/malware protection and that the software is updated regularly.
What happens if a military spouse quits their job or is terminated during the year?
If a military spouse leaves their job or is terminated, all equipment must be returned and any change of employment must be reported within 30 days.
How do you apply?
Fill out an application here.
- How to Prepare For and Find a Remote Job
- Freedom Makers: Bringing the Freedom of Employment to Military Spouses
- Top Virtual Jobs for Education Professionals OCONUS
- 4 Career Paths For OCONUS Spouses
- Wells Fargo Glide-Relaunch: Military Spouse Internship Program
About the author
Julie Provost is a freelance writer, blogger, and owner of Soldier's Wife, Crazy Life, a support blog for military spouses. She lives in Tennessee with her National Guard husband and three boys.